Sunday, March 9, 2008

If music be the food of love . . .


A British newspaper report tells us that an enraged gunman in Thailand shot dead eight of his neighbors, including his brother-in-law, after their constant, repeated karaoke versions of pop songs (including John Denver's "Country Roads") drove him into a frenzy.

Needless to say, one can't condone murder for any reason . . . but I've been driven to distraction by idiots playing music over and over again (and far too loudly). I'd imagine that drunken renditions of pop songs in the karaoke style would be enough to drive me over the edge, too!

I'm not sure about John Denver, though. I don't mind his music. However, if it comes to anything remotely resembling rap, I'd be sorely tempted to head for the gun safe!

Peter

2 comments:

dave said...

For those that shake my windows when they drive by blasting rap, I have often thought there should at least be a "season" when it would be legal to do just that! Dave

Unknown said...

Two houses down, the teen boy got his first truck. Looks like a $1,000 POS truck, with a $25 "muffler"and a $4,000 stereo.

He sits in his truck revving his engine for hours and booming his bloody stereo. He thinks the engine sounds cool, I guess.

From my dining room, I have a clear field of fire of the very bright stereo head unit. One 5.56... I'm just saying, that's all.

I'd never really do it. Honest. When it's 10:30 and he's still doing it, I'm tempted, but I'd never do it.