Saturday, December 27, 2008

Thanks, Atomic Nerds!


A neighbor returned from a short Christmas vacation today, and this afternoon came over bearing a large cardboard box. It seems it was addressed to me, but the Big Brown Truck of Happiness dropped it at his house instead, probably a day or two before Christmas. Fortunately, they left it on a table in his carport, so it was undamaged by the heavy rains we've experienced in recent days.

It was from Labrat and Stingray, the Atomic Nerds. They very thoughtfully sent a large bag of cookies and another of cocoa mixture. Having read Matt's comments about the cocoa being laced with cayenne pepper, I haven't yet had the courage to try it, but I daresay when the next cold snap hits, it'll be just what the doctor ordered.

Many thanks, Labrat, Stingray. That was very thoughtful of you. I shall munch some of your cookies at the turn of the New Year, and think of you. I haven't forgotten my promise to send you something, but the local vendor of the deadliest hot sauces known to humankind seems to have suffered hurricane damage and relocated himself. Once I find his new premises, I'll send some along, and Labrat can take pictures (for publication on your blog, of course!) of flames erupting from Stingray's various and sundry bodily orifices as he tries it. (It should produce a nice flickering firelight effect on his tattoos!)



Peter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, c'mon. His six-year-old girl liked it!

As for the hot sauces: bring it!