I'm stunned to read the list of requirements for her prospective boyfriend set out by a lonely lady (?) on Craigslist in New York.
Would you believe this lot? And, if you were a male in her area, would you even think of dating someone this picky?
I am a single, free-spirited, web-savvy thirtysomething female. Living in the gorgeous Caroll Gardens for the past year, I love life and am only looking for a man who is not an idiotic pig-headed beer-swilling moron (which seems to be hard to find in this city). This is my final plea to the Craigslist community. I own my own internet business which means I don't get to leave the house much, but I do know the internet and its dating potential. So far it has let me down every single time.
I've done MySpace, Facebook, Match.Com, eHarmony, and even Jdate (I'm not Jewish and don't care about Israel). Don't get me started on Jdate. But with so many people out there, at least ONE guy can match this. I know he's out there. My standards are exacting, but they're not too much to ask. Life is too short to compromise yourself!
Here is what I am looking for. It's not much. If you're this guy or know this guy, have him contact me right away.
- non smoker
- must love cats and be open to the idea of future adoptions
- must not be more than one to five stops away from Carroll Gardens F train in either direction
- must not be opposed to wicker furniture
- must be 420 friendly
- must clean up hair from the tub after a trim, a ring of hair around the edge is GROSS
- past bar tending/table-serving experience a plus but not necessary
- some knowledge of vintage wine
- must be fluent in 2 languages (English DOES NOT count); I still like to practice my French from study abroad
- toilet paper must go over, NEVER under, when placed in dispenser
- PUT the lid DOWN. Animals have better manners than most men
- no stockbrokers, unemployed musicians, actors, or baristas
- no ravers, goths, punks, or rude boys
- musical taste must include, but not be limited to, Kingston Trip, Buffy Sainte-Marie, and Judy Collins
- name must not begin with an R, a J, or a B (Js are negotiable; Rs are not. Bs should consider that if they treat a cat nicely, it will respond accordingly; but if you scare it by approaching too fast, of course it will attack)
- must like scented candles (not vanilla); no incense
- must be willing to pay for dinner at least once a week at a Zagat-rated restaurant after proper research and scouting of restaurant
- must own more than 3 items from ?The North Face? jacket line but no more than 5
- owning a car is a plus, but it can't be a hatchback (some standards)
- I ski one weekend a year, so you ski. No shredders.
- must love Gary Larson, and hate Dilbert
- passionate about animal rights, but willing to take in the circus when it comes to town
- must read at least 3 books a month, no comics unless Gary Larson
- must have read complete works of Jane Austen
- must know how to turn a Word document into a PDF
- must be on T-Mobile for Fave 5 access
- must love pinball and not play ping pong
- 3 out of your 5 favorite movies should be John Hughes films
- must agree to watch "The Hills" on MTV on Sundays but hate that bitch Heidi, she is everything wrong with womankind
- must know CPR and have current certification, ++ for SCUBA certification
- must be home from 2-6pm on Saturdays to receive packages; bonus points if you're an Ebay power seller too!
- NO FELONS!!!
- must have all limbs, no quads (not biased, just poor past experience)
- Ivy League education desirable, but Amherst, UPenn, Colgate, Vassar, Georgetown etc. acceptable
- must have Scrabulous installed on Facebook during work hours
- must prefer dark chocolate over milk; no omnivores
- must like North-Eastern microbrews, NO COLORADO, NO EXCEPTIONS
- no corduroy pants, jackets, shirts, socks, caps, etc. And while we're on the subject of hats, no hats at all. Having a hat as part of your job costume is not an excuse.
I know the guy for me is out there. I've come so close to finding him in perfect form so many times. If you are this know or know this guy, PLEASE contact me. I am willing to make a few sacrifices, but not many. If you see yourself in even a FEW of my specifications, you are invited to apply. Think of it more like a guidebook to my heart.
Please reply with a little bit about yourself, include pics.
Er . . . yes, well, quite!
'M', I daresay that somewhere in your chosen geographical area, such a man may, indeed reside. However, I can only counsel him (if he's thinking of responding to your advertisement) to run like hell in the opposite direction!
Sheesh . . .
Suffice it to say that for this lady, I'm considering inventing a new award. 'Doofus Of The Day' simply isn't unique enough. How about 'Doofus Extraordinaire'?