Monday, October 15, 2012

Forget herding cats - how about ducks?


Courtesy of a link at Dustbury, I was amused to come across this video clip of a flock of ducks, all rescued from a squalid existence, being introduced to a pond for the first time.  Clearly, swimming doesn't come instinctively to them - they have to be herded into the water before they discover that it's rather nice to get wet!  The comments from a frustrated duck-herder made me laugh . . .





The full story behind the ducks' rescue may be found here.

Peter

2 comments:

Aaron C. de Bruyn said...

I love raising ducks. It's particularly funny when they play in the water. One will usually bob under, then pop up beneath another duck.

Arthur B. Burnett said...

Greetings from Texas,
We had ducks for a while (hopefully will again). I actually got quite good at hurding them where I needed them to go. They were eaisly scattered however.