Friday, June 27, 2008

When the price of the gift isn't important


Following my report about the Bruichladdich Distillery earlier this week, I note with interest that another famous Highland distillery, The Macallan, has a rather special one-of-a-kind offer through Harrods.

For a mere $110,000 or so, you can be the proud owner of this:




The oak case is hand-crafted by Viscount Linley, to give it that aristocratic touch. It contains six bespoke Linley crystal tumblers, a cigar humidor, and six bottles of rare Macallan single malt whisky, of assorted vintages, ranging from seventy-one years old to a mere youngster of thirty-eight.

If the price seems high, bear in mind that The Macallan is one of the rarest and most expensive single malt Scotches in the world, in its older vintages at any rate. In 2005, a bottle - one bottle - of Macallan Fine & Rare 1926 whisky sold for about $72,000. That's a world record - and no, this case doesn't include that particular year in its selection!

So, dear reader, if you'd like to express your appreciation for the taste, discernment and overall excellence of this blog . . . now you know what to buy me! You may be sure I'll drink to your health with it.

Often!



Peter

3 comments:

Pappy said...

I wonder if the humidor comes loaded with Macanudos, Patargas, or what?

phlegmfatale said...

Tell ya what, Peter. When my mad money account reaches $1 mil, I'll hook you up with one of these babies. :P

SpeakerTweaker said...

Peter,

Given your history of being a man of taste and decency, I personally find it detestable that you would claim to "drink to my health" should I gift you with this collection. Because were I to acquire such a thing by normal legal means such as to pay for it, well, you've met my wife. She's a good shot, too.

So, how you gonna drink to MY health if I'm DEAD?!?!

;)

However, should someone else be so kind, I'd be happy to raise a glass. After all, who wants to drink alone?



tweaker