Today's winners come from Wimbledon in England.
Bungling pharmacy staff accidentally caused an explosion which blew off the front of their shop as they tried to get rid of the smell from a dead rat.
Workers in Wimbledon, south London, put down a scented candle to try and get rid of the stench before spraying the area with an aerosol can.
But the spray mixed with the naked flame, causing a large blast which knocked the door off, dislodged brickwork and made a false ceiling collapse.
A worker at Abbey Chemists was rushed to hospital after suffering slight burns to their hands and face in the fire yesterday.
Another staff member had to be treated at the scene for shock, a spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said.
The London Fire Brigade spokesman added: 'Never spray air freshener or deodorant near a candle or naked flame, as we’ve seen here the results can be extremely dangerous.'
There's more at the link.
Perhaps I was unduly well taught by my parents, but I'd assumed everybody knew it was dangerous to expose an aerosol spray to a naked flame! Clearly, I was over-optimistic . . .