Thursday, March 14, 2013

Am I a prophet, or what?


Last night, in my article about the new Pope, I commented:

Finally, I'm looking forward to seeing what conspiracy theorists make of Pope Francis in the light of the so-called 'Prophecy of the Popes'.   Given that, on the face of it, he appears to be neither a Peter (in name, anyway) or a Roman, they're going to have to indulge in all sorts of intellectual tail-chasing to make him fit the 'last Pope' theory that some have already claimed would follow Pope Benedict XVI.  However, such obstacles have never before prevented prophets of doom from plying their trade.  I'm sure they'll come up with creative and convoluted ways to force Pope Francis to fit their theories!

Well, guess what I found advertised at World Net Daily today?




I wouldn't worry about it, though, or take it seriously.  Not only can the authors not even spell words correctly on their own cover (which makes me doubt their accuracy in other areas, too - to put it mildly), they terminally undermine their credibility in a subsequent book:  'Exo-Vaticana: Petrus Romanus, Project LUCIFER, and the Vatican's astonishing exo-theological plan for the arrival of an alien savior'.  Its publicity blurb states:

... during a show on Omega Man Radio the author's disclosed an "extraterrestrial" connection between Petrus Romanus, the Vatican, and the Mount Graham Observatory, which rocketed that program into the #1 position in the world, illustrating to the authors that modern civilization is more than casually interested not only in the final pope, but in the connection between Rome and their secret work on extraterrestrial intelligence, astrobiology, and the intriguing preparations they are making for the arrival of an alien 'savior.'

If anyone believes that sort of crap, I'm afraid there's little hope for them . . . eschatological or otherwise!





Peter

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

I'm gonna pass on that one...

Shrimp said...

I knew it. I just knew aliens had to be involved somehow. It all makes perfect sense.... /(eye roll)

Matt Wennerlund said...

He was born to Italian immigrant parents, however...

Retired Mustang said...

Sadly, some will not only read it, some will believe it.