Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Gutsy!


I'm impressed by the courage and composure of a jogger in Arizona.

Authorities in Arizona say a jogger attacked by a rabid fox ran a mile with the animal's jaws clamped on her arm and then drove herself to a hospital. The Yavapai County sheriff's office said the woman told deputies she was on a trail near Prescott on Monday when the fox attacked and bit her foot.

She said she grabbed the fox by the neck when it went for her leg but it bit her arm.

The woman wanted the animal tested for rabies so she ran a mile to her car with the fox still biting her arm, then pried it off and tossed it in her trunk and drove to the Prescott hospital.

The sheriff's office says the fox later bit an animal control officer. He and the woman are both receiving rabies vaccinations.


That was pretty gutsy of her! Still, I'd have loved to have heard the remarks of that animal control officer . . .



Peter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can imagine:

Animal Control: "What happened to the fox?"
Woman: "It's in my trunk"

then later...

Animal Control: "Ma'am, why didn't you tell me it was still alive???"

ooops...
:D

I agree, that takes some serious guts to do.

Anonymous said...

I was betting his first remarks were along the lines of "mother pus bucket"....