Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Wild driving!


I've always understood a gymkhana to be an equestrian event, and I've enjoyed several in South Africa and elsewhere.

However, this video clip of Ken Block and a highly spiced-up Subaru illustrates a motorized form of what he calls 'gymkhana' that had me on the edge of my seat! It's certainly the most remarkable display of precision driving skills I've seen in a long time.





Amazing stuff! Something tells me I'd better not try that in my Ford F150 pickup, though . . .



Peter

3 comments:

Eagle said...

Also notice the comment at the beginning about the equipment--he went through four sets of tires doing this. Trying to keep the tires going as long as possible prevents me from "trying that at home". In my F150, there's little temptation. In my G35S, of course, the temptation is much higher...

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, you couldn't have paid me enough to be the one out there on that Segway. O.k.- maybe 50 million dollars- but nothing less!!!

Old NFO said...

hehehe- It took 4 days to film, because he had an oopsie or two, but that still would be a blast! Of course when you've got $150k IN THE CAR ALONE, what's a few $1000 sets of tires :-)