Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Performance art with a twist


I'm honestly not sure what to think about this performance, described as "Some excerpts from a 10 minute live piece combining projection mapping with dance and acrobatics".  It's certainly different, and strangely attractive, even though I'm not sure what point (if any) the performer is trying to make.  See what you think.  (I recommend watching the video in full-screen mode.)





The artist is on Facebook, and has more videos on his Vimeo channel and/or his YouTube channel.  I encourage readers to send him feedback if you found this video interesting.  I think such originality in artistic expression is worth encouraging, even if I don't quite get it!  What do you think?  Let us know in Comments.

Peter

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Strange... :-)

Gaffer said...

I endured about 30 seconds before I dropped out. There might be talent there, but I didn't see it.

Anonymous said...

I watched it all - like you, Peter, I 'don't get it', but at the end, it was uplifting - catching "someone" as they're throwing themselves off a cliff {albeit into a book} is, to me, a message of hope ..................... of course, I tend to agree with Patricia Cornwell, that suicide is the ultimate "So THERE!" ................

Semper Fi'
DM