Thursday, August 23, 2012

A car reviewer goes medieval on Aston Martin


I had to laugh at CNET's video review of the 2012 model of Aston Martin's V8 Vantage Roadster.  Its print review set the tone by lamenting that 'the specter of Lucas, the British company famous for faulty parts, inhabits the electronics'.  The first four minutes of the video are a catalog of mistakes, daft design decisions, and weird bits and pieces.  I couldn't help laughing!





I wonder if the higher-ups at Aston Martin in England will ever get to see that review?  They might want to take some antacids beforehand . . .



Peter

8 comments:

Cybrludite said...

Only fair, since judging from this review, they must have been dropping acid when they approved the design...

Borepatch said...

"That's where you leave your wedding ring when you're out at the bar cruising for cougars."

Har!

Luke said...

The guy looks massive next to it! I'd still love to get a test drive on one.

Of course Jeremy Clarkson lives it. No surprise :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XhMDwSlfyo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Different Australian review:
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/#/40252/2009-aston-martin-v8-vantage-road-test-review

Anonymous said...

I'd be very disappointed if I had plunked down all that money for one of those cars. So much cheaper to watch the review.

Andrew

Rev. Paul said...

I wonder what he really thinks. I'd not buy one of those, even if I were to contemplate spending that much.

Re: Jeremy Clarkson liking the Vantage roadster ... I wonder if his lower legs aren't detachable. Perhaps he stores them in the boot while driving.

Pat St. Jean said...

Yeah, but Clarkson was reviewing the V12, with a manual gearbox. Slightly different beast there...

Murphy's Law said...

"Soviet-era gearbox". Lol.

Luke said...

I first added a review of a V8 vantage, at which point I realized that it might be a bit dated to I tried to find something more contempory. I can't recall the gearbox type.