Today's winner comes from Bristol in England. A tip o' the hat to reader Bryn S. for sending me the link.
A shoplifter was caught doubled over in pain after he decided to eat his haul of Scotch bonnet chillies whole still in the shop.
Marcus Banwell made the mistake of eating his red hot haul from Singh Stores in Bristol before trying to make his escape.
Bristol magistrates heard that within a matter of seconds, the 39-year-old was coughing and being sick as the fiery food took effect.
The owner of the shop was alerted to the commotion on August 4 and followed Banwell outside onto the street, where he was arrested by police a short while later.
. . .
The heat of a chilli pepper is measured using the scoville scale.
The Scotch Bonnet, also known as Boabs Bonnet or Caribbean red pepper, is named for its resemblance to a Tam o'shanter hat.
Most Scotch Bonnets have a heat rating of 100,000-350,000 scoville units. This compares to the rating of most jalapeño peppers, which is 2,500-8,000.
There's more at the link.
So he eats stolen super-hot peppers, is violently ill, and is then arrested. Is that 'feeling the heat' in three ways instead of one?