Sunday, December 7, 2008

Now this is really useful!


A tip o' the hat to Al Fin for linking to an article on the Online College Blog, which addresses those who are pursuing higher education online.

The article is titled '100 Useful Tips and Tools to Research the Deep Web'. It links to a number of specialized search engines and databases, general, academic, scientific, semantic and custom. There are some really useful sites in the list, including tips and articles about how to find information that simply doesn't show up in a normal, generic Internet search.

I've tried out a couple of the search engines while doing research for a forthcoming Weekend Wings article, and found that they took me to resources that I hadn't known existed. I'm already hooked, and I'll be playing with the list over the next few weeks, trying out all of its links, to see which ones will be most useful to me.

Go read '100 Useful Tips and Tools' for yourself, and have fun trying out the tools they recommend. Very useful stuff!

Peter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! What an awesome list.