Saturday, January 7, 2012

More of Ronald Searle's St. Trinians cartoons


A few days ago I wrote about the death of Ronald Searle, one of the world's great cartoonists. This evening I found a tribute article about him, written by his friend and fellow cartoonist Gerald Scarfe. It's a good article, and worth reading in its own right; but I most enjoyed its selection of Ronald Searle's cartoons of the devilish schoolgirls - and schoolmarms - of his greatest fictional creation, St. Trinians School. Here are a couple of them.






There are more at the link. They're well worth viewing, just as Mr. Scarfe's article is well worth reading.





Peter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Bells of St. Trinians is one of my most favorite classic movies.

Alastair Sim was fantastic in the dual role of headmistress Miss Fritton and her brother Clarence.

I still have an old VHS tape of this movie.

trailbee said...

Me, too. I have the CD, after my VHS became defunct. Somebody's hilarious brainchild. What a gift! LOL.