Thursday, March 7, 2013

Need help locating a gun, please!


To all my shooting readers out there:  I'm trying to locate a particular model of the Browning Buck Mark pistol.  I can't seem to find one online (actually available, that is, rather than offered 'when it comes back into stock').

I want the Buck Mark Contour 7.25 URX, Browning item number 051422490.  It looks like this:




There are two alternatives I'm willing to consider if that model isn't available.  The first is the Buck Mark Contour 5.5 URX, Browning item number 051421490:




and the second is the Buck Mark Hunter, Browning item number 051403490:




If you know of any gunshop that has one or more of the above models in stock (preferably new, but used might be an option if it's in very good to excellent condition), or can locate an Internet source that actually has them for sale, I'd be very grateful if you'd please e-mail me (my address is in my blog profile) with the details.  I'll have one shipped to my local firearms dealer, where it'll go through the usual legal rigmarole for transfer of ownership.

Here's hoping one or more of you can help me out - and thanks in advance!

Peter

5 comments:

The Raving Prophet said...

Those are neat looking. Mine is a URX practical, but I had the barrel threaded for a suppressor. Quite the little shooter.

I'll keep an eye out, but I doubt I'm likely to come across one. I

Old NFO said...

I'll check up here Saturday Peter.

Murphy's Law said...

Nothing on Gunbroker or Auction Arms or Armslist?

Peter said...

@Murphy's Law: Nothing that I've been able to find for those specific models. Other models are available.

Alien said...

For reasons I don't understand, Buckmarks are hard to come by. I have a couple I use with students, and prefer them to the Ruger MK I/II/III because the controls more closely match centerfire pistols. I always keep my eyes peeled for them, and my interest is on the "less spiffy" models. I'll stay on the lookout for the ones you want, but I would suggest developing a strong case of patience.