Saturday, December 3, 2011

Mike Williamson puts things in perspective


Many of my readers will doubtless be familiar with the books of Michael Z. Williamson, and/or with his blog, Facebook page, or other writings. Miss D. found the picture below on his Facebook page, and forwarded it to me, because she knew it would strike a responsive chord in a corner of my soul.



(Click the image for a larger view)



She was right! I can't think of a better way to encapsulate the differences between my formative years and those of all too many of today's youth. There are some pretty good specimens among the latter, to be sure, but there are also the kind exposed in this video clip from the Occupy Toronto protests in Canada.







I've never seen such a disgusting pair of cry-babies in my life! If I'd dared to behave like that as a teen, my father would probably have disowned me - and rightly so! I can't help but wonder whether that pair would be capable of serving in combat at the age of eighteen, as so many of us did in the good/bad/indifferent old days (delete whichever is not applicable according to your particular world view).

Ye Gods and little fishes . . .





Peter

9 comments:

Morris said...

My goodness! Those 2 guys - I don't know whether to puke, laugh, or do a facepalm..
..perhaps all three..

Strings said...

I know a liberal gay barrista who would tell those two to man up and quit acting like women...

Old NFO said...

Face palm is right... sigh

Anonymous said...

My dad who say, "I'll give you something to cry about!"

Gerry

dave said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y

(Warning: language.)

Diamond Mair said...

Y'know, their antics might have a BIT more impact, if the hatted one wore a "99%"-er's knit cap, rather than a Burberry "Ve're goink to Moskva!" chapeau ..................... ;-)

Semper Fi'
DM

trailbee said...

This is the Canadian version of the American whiner. They don't ever have to serve in the military, they can just 'be'. I love this clip. This will be the 2011 version of Haight Ashbury and Woodstock, but better. These people created jobs for Metro Police Depts. and Solid Waste Management Engineers. And they even have a poster boy, Barry, Champion of the Downtrodden.

Sebastian said...

Disgusting.

Tam said...

“Our earth is degenerate in these latter days; there are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end; bribery and corruption are common; children no longer obey their parents; every man wants to write a book and the end of the world is evidently approaching,”