Friday, March 8, 2013

Success!


Yesterday I asked for help locating one of three specific models of the Browning Buck Mark .22LR pistol.  Thanks to an e-mail from a reader, I was able to find one (the first alternate model I listed, the Buck Mark Contour 5.5 URX) at Performance Shooting Inc. in Constable, NY.  It seemed expensive for a used gun, but it's claimed to be in very good condition, and comes with the original box, a second magazine (which costs about $30), and a Buck Mark Reflex Sight, which is $45-$50 from various vendors.  Although it costs more than I'd expected to pay for a used pistol, I don't think it's an excessive price, given those extras.  Here it is (picture supplied by Performance Shooting).




I called Performance Shooting to find out more about the gun.  I spoke first to their Internet sales representative, Chris Durant, and then to their CEO, Michael McDonald.  Both were very helpful, and within moments of my making the decision to buy the pistol they'd closed its Internet auction listing.  Within ten minutes of my sending them a copy of my dealer's Federal Firearms License, they'd registered the gun for shipping with FedEx and e-mailed me a copy of the notification.  That's fast work by anyone's standards!  They seem like good people with whom to do business, and based on my experience with them during this transaction (so far), I recommend them and their store.

I'm a happy camper, and looking forward to shooting my new toy.  A big 'thank you' to the reader who steered me in the direction of what I wanted.

Peter

4 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Congrats! Looking forward to the AAR.

B said...

Loctite (Blue, used judiciously) is your friend.

Just a dab on the slide screw and on the barrel screw.

Trust me.

And order some recoil buffers.

Nice firearms though.

Mine has about 8500 rounds through it.

Now if you could only find AMMO......

Anonymous said...

As far as I can tell, these Buckmarks will last, virtually, forever. Easy takedown (more or less) and even so, a lot of people never actually CLEAN them.
;->

Buckmark Gal

Donald Sensing said...

I bought a Buckmark back in 2008, not as specialized as yours, but a work of beauty.