Monday, November 23, 2009

More guts than sense?


The video clip below shows a shop clerk wrestle a gun from a would-be armed robber in an unidentified store (which, from the people shown, looks to be somewhere in South-East Asia or China).





He was very lucky! If that thief had been just a little more ruthless, he'd have shot him after the failure of his first attempt. Still, one has to hand it to the clerk - that took cojones. One hopes he'll learn better disarming techniques now, in case it happens again!

Peter

3 comments:

W.R. said...

A .45 ACP makes an excellent disarming technique.

Mikael said...

It's a little hard to tell, but the writing in the store window looks like it could be thai, which would fit with the look of the store clerk(definitely southeast asian, not indian). In fact the people outside look thai as well(especially the women running away when they see the fight). Now I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

In fact I saw jewellery stores that looked like that when I was in bangkok, and I would guess this is in one of the larger thai cities, by the traffic. Bangkok or Phuket, though it could be a (not too much) smaller one.

Anonymous said...

Gun probably had no bullets; from what little I could see it looked like a revolver. Maybe the clerk could see that?

Antibubba