Sunday, November 15, 2009

Multiple truck FAIL! moments


The video clip below is, from one perspective, quite funny, showing truck accidents and disasters. On the other hand, it's also scary as hell, because you and I are on the road with these behemoths every day. Just look at how many times a truck accident causes two, or three, or more cars to be swept to disaster along with the big rig, simply because they can't get out of the way of something so large! That's frightening . . .





It certainly makes one think, doesn't it?

Peter

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why I regard sticky tires and an excess of available power as safety equipment. This is also why I regard other drivers as having the motive and opportunity to kill me, and in a lot of cases apparently the motive.

Jim

PS There are surely dozens of others, but this one is a favourite of mine.

Crucis said...

Another unfortunate truth is that many of these accidents occur to the same small group drivers---time after time. I'm friends of a number of OTR drivers who, after 1,000,000+ miles have never had an accident. All too many are caused by speeding or going to sleep while driving.

Old NFO said...

Agree with Crucis- My cousin had 1,000,000+ miles and never an accident when he retired, but he saw a LOT of accidents and most were caused by sleep/speed/stupidity

Wayne Conrad said...

I'm amazed at the drivers who will willingly drive alongside a truck, making no effort to either pass or fall behind. Some even linger in the truck's blind spot.

It's not that I think truck drivers are dangerous. It's that I think that my car's "safety cage" and "crumple zones" have no change against a roll of steel, a hopper full of gravel, or a tank full of gasoline.

KE=1/2*M*V^2. Truck, big M. Car, very small M.

Anonymous said...

You're interspersing crash footage with dire economic forecasts. We get it Peter.

Antibubba