From Norway comes the following tale of woe.
Instead of merely getting rid of wasps, a man from Fardal in Western Norway, ended up burning down the garage with his car inside.
The senior citizen poured lighter fluid on a rag and lit it. He failed to notice that the woodpile containing the wasp's nest also caught fire. By the time fire fighters arrived, both the garage and the man's car were smouldering wrecks, writes daily newspaper Sogn Avis.
He is now waiting to hear if the insurance will cover his loss.
"Maybe using lighter fluid wasn't such a good idea, but it was an accident all the same and the wasps are gone!" he said to Norwegian Broadcasting (NRK).
Good luck arguing with your insurance company about the definition of "accident", buddy!