I'm delighted to discover a collection of some of the more useless facts I've ever encountered. Great material for casual conversation!
Did you know that:
- Women are estimated to buy 80% of everything sold?
- The British eat 97% of the world's baked beans? (Talk about brownhouse gases!)
- Humans share 35% of their DNA with daffodils? (That explains the smell - or some of them, anyway. The baked beans explain the other smells!)
- Hitler was on the short-list for the 1938 Nobel Peace Prize?
- A cow expels up to 280 liters (just under 10 cubic feet) of methane gas every day? (Must be those baked beans again . . . )
- 62 of the world's 100 richest men are married to brunettes?
- At birth, most babies cry in the key of C or C-sharp? (Must be because so many are born by C-section!)
- The insults 'moron', 'idiot', 'imbecile' and 'cretin' were all once official medical diagnoses?
- Only five out of every 100,000 paper clips are used to clip paper? (It's all very well telling us that, but I want to know how the other 99,995 are used! Oh, the suspense!)
- The most expensive age of your life is 34?
These and many other interesting facts are at the link above. Enjoy!