Saturday, March 5, 2011

A bicycle race for madmen!


This is truly mind-boggling. It's the annual Valparaiso Cerro Abajo downhill race for mountain bikes, held each year in Chile's third-largest city.

The first video clip, from the 2010 race, shows the course from the perspective of a rider, filmed through a helmet camera. Watch for the dog that gets in his way when he's at high speed . . .







The next clip, from the 2008 race, shows the course from the perspective of spectators. It gives you the other side of the coin from the riders' point of view.







I don't think I want to be anywhere near that course during the annual race! How they avoid multiple deaths, maimings, mutilations and lacerations, I just don't know . . .





Peter

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

WOW... I'd have killed myself about 10 times over on that course...LOL