Friday, January 7, 2011

Oh, the memories this brings back!


I recently added XKCD to my list of favorite Web cartoons in the sidebar. I'm enjoying the author's quirky sense of humor.

Today's cartoon exemplifies all that I find funny about the strip, particularly because in a former life, back in the 1970's and 1980's, I was a computer programmer and analyst. This flowchart brings back many, many memories!




It reminds me of an aphorism common in programming circles at the time:


Idiot proof systems
Are no match
For system proof idiots!


XKCD updates on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I highly recommend bookmarking it and paying frequent visits. Also, be sure to mouse over the current cartoon (not here - on their Web site) and read the hidden message that's usually revealed. Definitely giggle-worthy!



Peter

3 comments:

DaddyBear said...

That little quote will be going up on my cube wall. It's as true now as it ever was.

Keads said...

I concur with the flow chart! Thanks for the laugh!

Anonymous said...

my all time favorite webcomic...I posted this on my gf's fb a few days ago as she is having to learn how to use matlab for numerical analysis