Courtesy of Al Fin, I was led to an article at Nursingschools.net: '100 Smart & Surprising Uses for Simple Drug Store Items'. It contains many handy tips such as these:
2. Deodorize your refrigerator with vanilla extract: Soak a cotton ball with vanilla extract and place it in your fridge.
12. Dissolve melted plastic: Get melted plastic off of appliances by using nail polish remover.
16. Sanitize your cell phone: Wipe down your cell phone with rubbing alcohol.
27. Clean your computer mouse: Get dirt and grime off of your computer mouse's ball using rubbing alcohol.
35. Regenerate your car battery: Give life to your car battery with epsom salt.
51. Stop facial redness: Hemorrhoid cream can be used to clear up facial redness.
53. Treat a cold sore: Hemorrhoid cream can help treat cold sores, just be careful not to put it where you'll lick your lips.
76. Unclog a drain: Use antacid to unclog drains.
86. Sling shot with cotton balls: Play indoors sling shots with cotton balls.
88. Q tips make great small paintbrushes: Give your children kid sized paintbrushes by using q tips, and enjoy easy cleanup.
94. Remove scratches from watches: Rub nail polish remover on the face of your watch to get scratches out.
99. Remove dog ticks: Apply rubbing alcohol to ticks before pulling out to make it loosen its grip.
There are many more at the link. Interesting reading, and useful information. I think it's worth bookmarking this article for future reference. (However, no matter how well it may work, I have a viscerally negative reaction to the thought of applying hemorrhoid cream to my face!)