Thursday, July 7, 2011

You know you're from Alaska when . . .


My blogbuddy Rev. Paul has a list with that title, and a host of answers to the implied question. Here are a few to make you smile.

  • You only own four spices: salt, pepper, ketchup and Moosetard.
  • The mosquitoes have landing lights.
  • You have 10 favorite recipes for moose ... and halibut ... and salmon.
  • You've taken your kids trick-or-treating in a blizzard.
  • Driving is better in the winter because the potholes get filled with snow.
  • You think sexy lingerie is fleece socks and a flannel nightie with only 8 buttons.
  • The most effective mosquito repellent is a shotgun.
  • Your snowblower gets stuck on the roof.
  • You find -40F chilly.
  • It's 70 degrees outside and you're sweating like a hog.


There are many more at the link. They're funny . . . but having visited Alaska on several occasions, and made many Alaskan friends (not to mention marrying one of them!), I can testify that many of them are true - often the least believable ones! Enjoyable and recommended reading.

(Oh - try the Moosetard if you get the chance. It's yummy! No, they're not paying me to say that . . . I've just enjoyed the stuff on the couple of opportunities I've had to taste it. Come to think of it, I'll have to find out if they'll ship to my area!)





Peter

3 comments:

TJIC said...

> made many Alaskan friends

Heh.

That list looks familiar.

Anonymous said...

As far as I can recall, this is the first you've mentioned being married! Then again, I'm often the last to know.

Antibubba

On a Wing and a Whim said...

Well, his wife isn't exactly a big name blogger, and she barely posts at all. When she does, it's all boring stuff about her plane, with no fun variety like he has.

In fact, she probably ought to getting around to updating her trip log instead of leaving comments of questionable humor on his blog!

PS - I hate 40 below, but at least it's a dry cold! Better than a muggy 95 any day!