Tuesday, April 28, 2009
No regrets? I'm not so sure . . .
There's a new book out entitled 'No Regrets: The Best, Worst, & Most #$%*ing Ridiculous Tattoos Ever'.
I'm no tattoo expert, but I can't honestly say these are the worst I've ever seen (military service will give you a whole new insight into bad tattoos, believe me!). Still, there are the weird, the incongruous and the just plain silly. Here are a few examples from the book.
1. The stump of a wrist, tattooed to look like a thumb.
2. The face of the late rapper Ol' Dirty B*****d, tattooed on the top of a foot. Did someone have a fe(e)tish about him, perhaps?
3. No prizes for guessing the plant, or the sentiments of the wearer about it!
4. Frank Zappa picking his nose, preserved forever on one's arm? Er . . . not for me, thanks.
5. Chewbacca on a lower leg - which had to be shaved before the hairy one could be tattooed on it! Now that's irony!
6. A dolphin smoking a bong, blowing smoke through its breathing hole. The La-Z-Boy is a nice touch!
Yep - if you open a beer bottle with your teeth, the tattoo on your forehead's likely to be proved correct, and sooner rather than later!
Yes, that's a tattoo of a rosy red slap mark! Quite why such a blow would deserve such commemoration, I can't quite figure.
Why anyone would want the Nike trademark and slogan tattooed on their back, I can't quite figure out. Still, as long as he's happy . . .
A blue winged horse mounts a pink cigarette-smoking wingless horse, both riding on a cloud of smoke, topped by a rainbow? And all this on the back of the neck? Oy gevalt!
An admirable sentiment - but on the shins?
Pin-up images or wanted posters?
I've never gotten a tattoo myself, but I have friends who are more or less covered with them. I'll have to ask their opinions of this lot, and see what they say.