Monday, January 4, 2010

A great source for aircraft photographs


I've discovered a treasure-trove of high-resolution aircraft photographs: Flight International magazine's annual Front Cover Competition. This has been held for the past three years, and is open to anyone. High-res images of all entries are posted on the Flight Global Web site. They include everything that flies, from old to new, fast to slow, and big to small. You'll find the 2007, 2008 and 2009 entries at the links.

Here are a few of the pictures that caught my eye. For this blog, they're only 600 pixels across, but the high-res versions are many times larger. They make great desktop wallpaper!



Hot air balloons over Mondovi, Italy
















Boeing 737 taking off from Brussels, Belgium, at sunset




Eurofighter Typhoon turning under full afterburner



There are hundreds more images at the links above. Must-see browsing for any aviation enthusiast! I've already downloaded several for use as desktop backgrounds, and I'll be saving a lot more of them to my hard disk. Kudos to Flight Global for making them available.

Peter

2 comments:

Don said...

Wow! Truly a treasure trove of cool pix. I can see that my mac's desktop pictures file is going to get a lot bigger...

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that the SE-5A a reduced-scale reproduction. Sure does look nice though.